Incidente mid-air per un 737 Max 9 di Alaska Air

kenadams

Moderatore
13 Agosto 2007
NYC
Insomma hanno preso in prestito un fine elemento di design del DC-10...?

Sono andato a curiosare e ho trovato le norme FAA del 2004 che -- credo -- disciplinano l'airworthiness di tutte le porte, finestre e pannelli. Le trovate qua.

Evidenzio qualche passaggio interessante:
(1) Each door must have means to safeguard against opening in flight as a result of mechanical failure, or failure of any single structural element. (2) Each door that could be a hazard if it unlatches must be designed so that unlatching during pressurized and unpressurized flight from the fully closed, latched, and locked condition is extremely improbable. This must be shown by safety analysis.
(3) Each element of each door operating system must be designed or, where impracticable, distinctively and permanently marked, to minimize the probability of incorrect assembly and adjustment that could result in a malfunction.

(c) Pressurization prevention means. There must be a provision to prevent pressurization of the airplane to an unsafe level if any door subject to pressurization is not fully closed, latched, and locked. (1) The provision must be designed to function after any single failure, or after any combination of failures not shown to be extremely improbable.

NoEmptyElse

Utente Registrato
1 Giugno 2014
BS
Sarebbe interessante sapere il risultato delle ispezioni che stanno compiendo, immagino che la FAA queste informazioni le raccoglierà. Questo per capire se è un problema di progetto o di assemblaggio o materiali, la differenza in termini di tempo a terra potrebbe essere sostanziale.
Non ho letto da nessuna parte se qualcuno si è messo in moto per la ricerca del pezzo mancante, dal tracciato di FR24 ha sorvolato sempre la terra.

Jambock

Utente Registrato
19 Giugno 2016
MXP
Uscita l'AD:

this AD applies to The Boeing Company Model 737-9 airplanes, certificated in any category, with a mid cabin door plug installed .

This emergency AD was prompted by a report of an in-flight departure of a mid cabin door plug, which resulted in a rapid decompression of the airplane. The FAA is issuing this AD to address the potential in-flight loss of a mid cabin door plug, which could result in injury to passengers and crew, the door impacting the airplane, and/or loss of control of the airplane.

As of receipt of this emergency AD, further flight is prohibited until the airplane is inspected and all applicable corrective actions have been performed using a method approved by the Manager, AIR-520, Continued Operational Safety Branch, FAA.

Special flight permits, as described in 14 CFR 21.197 and 21.199, are allowed only for unpressurized flights.

Vediamo quando saranno disponibili i dettagli dell'ispezione.

Trovato questo interessante video (che conferma quanto da me ipotizzato nel precedente post) e dal quale rubo questo fermoimmagine.

View attachment 17842
Ottimo video!
Il sito b737.org.uk è pieno di informazioni tecniche e spiegazione. Merita sempre una visita (y)

Reactions: OneShot and 13900

hyppo

Utente Registrato
26 Gennaio 2012
Stanno ancora cercando la porta:
" NTSB still looking for missing door. Believes to be near: Barnes RD, near I-217, Cedar Hills neighborhood. Contact local law enforcement if you find it or have any information, or reach out to:
witness@NTSB.gov"

Reactions: NoEmptyElse

NoEmptyElse

Utente Registrato
1 Giugno 2014
BS
Il video da cui arriva l’immagine sopra di Fewwy è questo, molto interessante
spiega anche le varie opzioni (8) per quella porta. Fa riferimento all’ incidente dal minuto 21 ma solo per specificare quale tipo di porta fosse installato.

Ultima modifica:
Reactions: OneShot

Jambock

Utente Registrato
19 Giugno 2016
MXP
Nessun 737-9 in Europa ha la configurazione con il "plug".

The European Union Aviation Safety Agency has adopted an Emergency Airworthiness Directive (EAD) issued by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) for a specific configuration of the Boeing 737-9 (MAX). The EAD, which grounds aircraft in this specific configuration until an inspection has been completed, follows an event on an Alaska Airlines flight, where an exit panel detached from the aircraft inflight, leading to rapid decompression of the cabin.

EASA took the decision to adopt the FAA EAD despite the fact that, to the Agency's knowledge and also on the basis of statements from the FAA and Boeing, no airline in an EASA Member State currently operates an aircraft in the relevant configuration. In the specific set-up covered by the EAD, a mid-cabin exit is replaced by a plug-in panel. This configuration is typically adopted by airlines flying lower-density operations (with lower passenger capacity) where this additional exit is not required to meet evacuation safety requirements.

The 737-9 aircraft operating in Europe do not have this configuration and are therefore not grounded by the EAD and can continue to operate normally.

EASA is in contact with the FAA on this matter and will follow the investigation into the Alaska Airlines event closely.

B787

Utente Registrato
8 Settembre 2007
VCE
Nessun 737-9 in Europa ha la configurazione con il "plug".

Vero.. i 737-900 di KLM sono configurati come gli -800.
L'unica che li utilizza è Turkish, ma non è un membro EASA

Fewwy

Utente Registrato
19 Agosto 2014
Torino
Ma al di là del tipo di configurazione scelta, in Europa c'è una compagnia che abbia i B39M in generale?

Non me ne viene in mente una...

hyppo

Utente Registrato
26 Gennaio 2012
Ma al di là del tipo di configurazione scelta, in Europa c'è una compagnia che abbia i B39M in generale?

Non me ne viene in mente una...
"Corendon Dutch Airlines (2) and Icelandair* (4) do not operate the 737-9 MAX with the mid-cabin door plug, both airlines have an exit door installed.

*Iceland is not an EU member, but subject to EASA regulations"

Flightradar24

Reactions: Fewwy

Cesare.Caldi

Utente Registrato
14 Novembre 2005
N/D
Ora anche TUTTI i Max UA grounded…
Forse intenti i Max 9 perché il mio volo ha cambiato aeromobile da Max 9 a Max 8 e stiamo per imbarcare.

Visto che il cambio comporta una riduzione di capacità già in fase di check in veniva fatta una richiesta di volontari per spostarsi su un volo di domani offrendo un importo ridicolo di 150$ in credito United oppure 7500 miglia. Cash niente.

Una offerta del genere può andare bene per accettare di spostarsi sul un volo successivo 1 o 2 ore non certo il giorno dopo. Poi c'era opzione per fare tu una offerta libera come volontari sempre per spostarsi a domani ho declinato tutte le offerte ma nel caso come minimo avrei chiesto 500 cash più hotel a mia scelta nel caso il Hyatt Recency direttamente dentro MCO è un ottimo hotel che ho provato anche se costoso.