News flotta & destinazioni British Airways

Alfly727

Utente Registrato
9 Luglio 2007
Prato, Toscana.
Io so che la netiquette non consiglia di auto-quotarsi, ma qui sotto ci sono due spiegazioni. Google translate consente di tradurle in italiano, le aricopio. La persona che ha scritto questi post e' un pilota BA.

V sotto:

Aggiungo un altro post del pilota di FT:

BA525 FLR-LHR 16 Apr - Page 3 - FlyerTalk Forums

Tirando le fila:

• I motivi per dirottare su PSA sono, IMHO, condivisibili. Non ho le conoscenze tecniche per capire perche' si faccia cosi, ma personalmente preferisco star sul sicuro che finire spalmato su una collina.
  • E', la LHR-FLR, una rotta che non doveva esser aperta? Molto probabilmente si, non andava aperta.
  • Continueranno ad operarla l'anno prossimo? Secondo me no.
Riprendo questa discussione per segnalare che a partire dal 6 Giugno, senza che niente fosse apparentemente cambiato, il volo ha iniziato ad operare con assoluta regolarità su FLR (ritardi a parte), senza più deviazioni in arrivo su Pisa. Tenendo conto anche delle aumentate temperature, che dovrebbero peggiorare le prestazioni in decollo, a questo punto verrebbe da ipotizzare che il problema fosse soprattutto legato alla abilitazione/addestramento di piloti, come qualcuno aveva ipotizzato più indietro nel thread. Staremo a vedere.

Ultima modifica:

Utente Registrato
26 Aprile 2012
Riprendo questa discussione per segnalare che a partire dal 6 Giugno, senza che niente fosse apparentemente cambiato, il volo ha iniziato ad operare con assoluta regolarità su FLR (ritardi a parte), senza che ci fossero più deviazioni in arrivo su Pisa. Tenendo conto anche delle aumentate temperature che dovrebbero peggiorare le prestazioni in decollo, verrebbe da ipotizzare che il problema fosse soprattutto di abilitazione/addestramento di piloti, come qualcuno aveva ipotizzato più indietro. Staremo a vedere.
T'ho messo una caterva di commenti da parte di piloti - non ciaparat come il sottoscritto, ma piloti - che provavano il contrario. C'e' stato un maggio e inizio giugno piovoso. T'e' stato detto qual e' il problema per BA, qual e' la ragione per usare i 320neo e non i 319. Posso tranquillamente dirti che il problema non e' di addestramento dei piloti, anche e soprattutto perche' (grazie a Cruz e Willie) BA e' a corto di piloti e non e' che in tre settimane li hanno addestrati tutti. BA sara' tante cose, ma NON apre una rotta o mette un aereo sulla rotta se non c'e' una ragionevole certezza di avere sufficiente copertura di personale ed equipaggiamento. Se cosi' non fosse non starei avendo tutti i grattacapi che ho al momento per una faccenda.

Giusto per ricapitolare, copincollo alcuni degli interventi di piloti (uno lo conosco personalmente) su Flyertalk.

It will be interesting as an operation. Having had a rough look at some numbers it will be a very targeted max TOW out of FLR and no doubt the same to limit the inbound load.
A guesstimation will be around a 12 ton payload so a semi-full A319. Expect fares to reflect.

Some rough numbers;
FLR rwy 05 (for landings) LDA or Landing Distance Available 1455m. Comparisons are GIB at 1528 on rwy 27 or JER rwy 26 at 1566m. An A319 at JER can bring in around 62-65 tons depending on met conditions but that is well in excess of it’s 61 ton max landing weight.
An A320 at GIB can plonk 63ish tons on the duty-free decks of the rock against a 66 ton structural limit. And A 320neo can bring 70 or so tons into JER which is well above its 67 (and a bit) tons limit.

Take off from FLR is going to be off 23 with a take off run available (TORA) of 1647m.
JER has a TORA of 1705m on the easterly end and a NEO could lift around 68 tons vs it’s max of 75 tons. A 319 could do 67 odd tons off the opposite end vs it’s max of 64 tons. And at GIB with a TORA of 1680m off the easterly end, a 320 ceo can haul around 70-73 and a bit tons which is around its max take of weight. Of course higher temps beyond the ‘flat rating’ temperature and any tail wind will start to dent those figures quite substantially. Of course those numbers are dependant on the obstacles and slopes of the runway and the net take off path of those respective fields and merely indicative of what might be achievable at FLR. I have no access to actual FLR data at this point.

So for a 319 with around a 42 ton dry operating weight and around 7 tons of fuel to fly back, around 12 tons would be the payload limit I would guess. It would make more sense to send the more efficient 32N in if a larger jet was needed but I can’t see much sense as again, tail winds in summer heat equal more seats needed out of PSA, BLQ or FCO.

Other operational issues already highlighted and as noted in other threads form last summer, the efficient 190 also had performance issues with FLR in windy conditions due to the adverse affects on performance with a tailwind.

So the Landing will be akin to a GIB one and the take off no doubt similar to a LCY/GIB blast off.
I hear PSA is still lovely that time of year and that the Jolly hotel is now an NH hotel by the stazione centrale. Chin chin.
FLR is always going to be limiting when RWY 05 has to be used over RWY 23. During the summer months the wind will generally be south westerly and therefore the route should in theory be workable. North westerly winds will probably always have the effects seen over these past two days.
The weights are changeable with every single degree of temp and knot of wind, especially when 05 needs to be used it seems. I’m hardly surprised given the surrounding terrain and climb gradients needed, along with the limited take off distance and accelerate/stop distance available that there will be issues.

As the winds swing around to the south west a more stable operation will likely be realised. Just a painful start due to those north easterlies.
Out of interest I’ve read the brief for FLR and it has infact got a heck of a lot of planning associated with the route. It is very performance and rather terrain critical. There has been a lot of work done to get this route off the ground. Only one BA type is authorised to operate the route and that is the 320neo. The planning over operational decision making over diversions etc is well discussed and there is a plan that evolved throughout the period of -24hrs and up to the departure of the return leg when actually getting in and out of FLR isn't precluded.

So in essence I’d say it has actually been rather well planned. The only other 320neo doing a comparable distance is the SAS to CPH and that has flown to PSA out of FLR too.

The CFM56 powered 319 going to BRU was able to get out for BRU with a tailwind from 23. We don’t know what load they are carrying though and the LCY also seems to have managed, but neither are an option for mainline and the BRU has a shorter distance to fly and BA don’t have CFM powered aircraft. Whether or not that made the difference I don’t and won’t know, but it would appear on limiting wind days such as today, the neo will struggle. Just like GIB being out of limits, it is often better just to operate to a nearby airport (Malaga) and run a coaching operation. Annoying, but just one of those things with such destinations.
So a further two uneventful days for the FLR operation it seems after a rocky weather induced start. Purely out of interest to demonstrate the variable nature of the wind and what can be lifted from the ground in FLR, the difference over 4 days is in the order of 8 tons. 8 tons is over half of the passengers and their bags. A strong north easterly will always cause issues with FLR. A tailwind departing g to the south west will yield far better results that an into wind north easterly departure, purely due to the short runway and close in terrain. It seems a light south westerly yields the best results.
The reroutings are all due to weather at FLR and its been continuously either wet and/or windy from the north east, the worst possible combo from a performance perspective for this airfield. I've had a quick look at timings over the past few days and you should still comfortably make your IAD connection, even with the proactive rather than reactive re-routing, the decision is being made in a more timely manner now that the route has bedded in since its launch.
It is more a wet runway with a steady north westerly that kills the operation rather than a few knots as explained earlier in the thread. But each knot does seemingly have a very detrimental effect on the payload. That is the same for all aircraft types operating there and thus, as far as I am aware, not one operator actually fills the aircraft. All are load limited in and out. The load capping is based on statistical seasonal averages and as this is a year which is proving to be anything but average, I don’t see how they’d be liable if the root cause of a 3 hour plus delay at final destination is the delay due to weather issues at FLR. This years flooding in the region and surrounds is rather exceptional and certainly not the statistical norm.
The best fit for FLR is the 320Neo, hence it’s deployment on the route, the boffins with sharp pencils didn’t just pull a random type out of a bag to allocate to the route. This is the reason that only the 320neo is authorised to operate there out of the BA 320 fleet.
The killer blow for the 319 comes from the 6.2% gradient approach climb limited weight on runway 05. Vueling have a different engine on their 319s to BA, with different performance, different numbers, different capabilities. They too will be load limited in and out of FLR, even the 190s are and thus iirc, never fully booked. The 190s won’t be operating out of LHR.

The route is seasonal due to weather predominately and as explained earlier in this thread, there are significant performance differences and what has been experienced this past month is not ‘seasonal average’.

EDIT : BA 319 IAE engines - 22K rated thrust
VY 319 CFM engines - 23.5K rated thrust
New Route: Heathrow to Florence - Page 2 - FlyerTalk Forums
BA525 FLR-LHR 16 Apr - Page 3 - FlyerTalk Forums

Poi, boh, ognuno creda a cio' che vuole. Dopotutto c'e' in giro gente convinta che Mike Bongiorno non sia mai morto.

Ultima modifica:

Sciamano

Utente Registrato
25 Agosto 2021
Non mi pare di sia un thread apposito su LHR ma se invece così fosse, spostate pure.

So che dal 9 Gen 2024 il mct T5/T5 aumenterà di 15'

Utente Registrato
26 Aprile 2012
Non mi pare di sia un thread apposito su LHR ma se invece così fosse, spostate pure.

So che dal 9 Gen 2024 il mct T5/T5 aumenterà di 15'
Su buona parte delle tratte, e' vero. Da un lato e' un atto coraggioso, dall'altro e' ammissione dei danni perpetrati da Cruz e Walsh. Piu' un fallimento a livello di "sistema paese", frase che odio ma che comunque ci sta in questo caso.

Ultima modifica:

Alfly727

Utente Registrato
9 Luglio 2007
Prato, Toscana.
La rotta su FLR sembra aver trovato il suo equilibrio sono ormai 4 settimane che è regolare

Inviato dal mio M2101K9G utilizzando Tapatalk
Si, dal 6 Giugno sta operando in maniera assolutamente regolare su FLR senza più nessuna deviazione pianificata in arrivo su PSA. A questo punto sarebbe ipotizzabile che era corretto quanto riportato da un forumista più indietro nel thread, circa il fatto che il problema fosse da attribuire a questioni di abilitazione/addestramento dei piloti.

lin_ra

Utente Registrato
13 Febbraio 2016
EU
A questo punto sarebbe ipotizzabile che era corretto quanto riportato da un forumista più indietro nel thread, circa il fatto che il problema fosse da attribuire a questioni di abilitazione/addestramento dei piloti.
Perdona l'insistenza, ma ti hanno riportato 300 commenti di Piloti BA dove spiegano le ragioni per la quale i voli venivano deviati.
13900 ti ha spiegato (in italiano) che il motivo non è l'addestramento dei piloti.
Ti hanno detto e ridetto qual è il vero motivo .... E tu per la terza volta dici quanto sopra ?

BGW

Moderatore
Utente Registrato
30 Marzo 2008
CMN
Posto qui.
Executive club da ottobre diventa revenue-based.

We're constantly improving the British Airways Executive Club for our Members, which is why we’re making a change to the way you collect Avios on flights.

Currently, you collect Avios based on the distance you fly. Soon, you’ll have more opportunities to collect Avios every time you travel with us.

As an Executive Club Member, when you book a flight from 18 October you’ll collect Avios on British Airways marketed and operated flights based on the price of your ticket and any eligible add ons. This means not only will you earn Avios on the base fare and any carrier-imposed charges, but also on upgrades, seats and bags, even if you purchase them after you book your flight.

The total you spend is then multiplied according to your Membership Tier:

This change to the way you collect Avios will also apply to flights marketed by Iberia. To find out more about collecting with Iberia visit ba.com.

What happens next?
The change will happen automatically, and it won't affect the way you spend your Avios or collect Tier Points. Every flight booked until 18 October will earn Avios the same way you do today, this includes flights you book now for travel after 18 October.

We look forward to welcoming you on your next trip.

londonfog

Moderatore
Utente Registrato
8 Luglio 2012
Londra
Io ho provato a fare i conti sulla base di quanto ho volato da Settembre 2022 a Febbraio 2023 e ci avrei guadagnato abbastanza Avios
sui voli a LR e rimesso parecchio nelle tratte UK-Italia,

londonfog

Moderatore
Utente Registrato
8 Luglio 2012
Londra
Basta continuare a fare come si è sempre fatto: accumulare su BA senza volare BA
Mi chiedo se le regole saranno le stesse, per esempio se volo QF o QR accumulero' le miglia secondo le regole BA o secondo quelle di QF o QR? L'er-mail di BAEC non lo specifica.

Sciamano

Utente Registrato
25 Agosto 2021
Mi chiedo se le regole saranno le stesse, per esempio se volo QF o QR accumulero' le miglia secondo le regole BA o secondo quelle di QF o QR? L'er-mail di BAEC non lo specifica.
Intendi dire se le regole saranno quelle vecchie (distance based) o quelle nuove (revenue based) anche per i voli operati dagli altri vettori?
Direi che si proseguirà per la vecchia stradA anche se ci sarebbe da capire bene se quell'AND non nasconda anche un OR. In tal caso le cose sarebbero un po' diverse.

you’ll collect Avios on British Airways marketed and operated flights based on the price of your ticket and any eligible add ons